“I had to undo the terrorism of conditional loving.” – 002
Join laura brewer and special guest Lama Rod Owens for a discussion of how to make radical self-love. In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- when “unconditional love” is actually conditional and controlling
- the work we need to do in ourselves in order to love others more fully — especially in the face of hatred
- the common sources of collective and individual trauma we all need to heal within ourselves
- how to cultivate a practice of compassionate self love
Rod’s insight and perspective have changed my life. Listen in and allow him to change yours as well.
Thank you for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment below
- Click the SpeakPipe sidebar to ask a question or share an insight
To help our show:
Lama Rod Owens is considered one of the emerging leaders of his generation of Buddhist teachers. An author, activist, and formally authorized Buddhist teacher in the Tibetan tradition of Buddhism, he is the co-founder of Bhumisparsha, a Buddhist tantric practice community as well as a visiting teacher with several Buddhist centers including the Natural Dharma Fellowship, the Brooklyn Zen Center and the Brooklyn Zen Center. A graduate of Harvard Divinity School, Lama Rod has also been a guest faculty member at the Harvard School of Education’s program Mindfulness for Educators. He has been a regular guest on SiriusXM’s Urban View hosted by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Karen Hunter. He is also a co-author of Radical Dharma: Talking Race, Love, and Liberation and his next book project exploring transformative anger and rage is due out Fall 2019. Lama Rod can be reached at www.lamarod.com.
Lama Rod Owens