20: PowerLESS Love
Making our love powerLESS rather than powerFULL. That’s what we’re up to today. In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why it’s important to strip control and power out of the way we love;
- What all of this has to do with love and justice.
- Nine specific strategies to help you remove power and control from your love and relationships:
- Create Shared Power
- Agreements > Expectations
- Give Up: The “Right Way”
- Less Critique
- Heal Resentment
- Tell The Truth
- Give Fewer Opinions
- Accepting Out-Of-Controlness
Reflection Questions on Creating Shared Power
- Where can i create more shared power in important relationships?
- What decisions can I co-author with those most impacted by them?
- Where am i assuming responsibility for something that I could be co-creating and co-designing?
Reflection Questions on Giving Up “The Right Way”
- What do you currently approach at work that you believe is the “right” way (or the “better” or “most appropriate” way) of doing things?
- How are you teaching your kids that there’s a “right way” to do something through control?
- Where do you assert a “right way” onto others (especially without naming it)?
Reflection Questions on Healing Resentments
- List your resentments (the person, the hurt, the specific resentment you’re holding onto).
- How am I benefitting by holding onto this resentment?
- If I let go of this resentment, what might I feel in it’s place? What might emerge instead?
Welcome to a conversation about making love through letting go of power.
Thank you for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment below
- Click the SpeakPipe sidebar to ask a question or share an insight
To help our show:
ART THAT REPRESENTS LAURA
“January Full Moon” by George Ault, 1941