21: “For my story, I get to be the one that writes it.”
Join guest Elena Aguilar for a discussion of making love through creating resilience. Elena is a renown author and educational coach who has trained thousands of educators across America. She has studied and distilled the critical habits and behaviors of resilience people(s) and shares her insight with us in this episode.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What “resilience” is and what the habits and behaviors of resilient people are;
- How and why learning to feel emotion is an essential part of honing our capacity for resilience;
- The biggest misunderstand of resilience and dangerous misuses of the word;
- Questions you can ask yourself to deepen your own practice of resilience;
- Why resilience is critical to avoiding burnout;
- Plus you’ll get to meet Elena’s totally badass ancestors and grandmother through a little talk story.
Welcome to a conversation about making love through honing resilience.
Thank you for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment below
- Click the SpeakPipe sidebar to ask a question or share an insight
To help our show:
Elena Aguilar has trained thousands of educators across the United States and abroad in transformational coaching and team development. She is a regular contributor for Edutopia and EdWeek Teacher and has published two highly acclaimed books: The Art of Coaching, (2013) and The Art of Coaching Teams, (2016) Onward: Cultivating Emotional Resilience in Educators (2018) and the Onward Workbook.
Elena’s expertise derives from twenty years as a classroom teacher, instructional coach and leadership coach working in diverse school environments. In her role as a consultant, she has partnered with leaders in public and private organizations across the United States and abroad. She holds a B.A. in history and Latin American Studies from the University of California, Santa Cruz, and an M.A. in Anthropology from the University of California, Berkeley. She received her teaching credential from California State University, Hayward, and she also holds an administrative services credential. Elena lives in Oakland, California, with her husband, son, and two cats. When she’s not coaching or writing she enjoys traveling abroad, photographing birds, hiking, drinking coffee and reading fiction.
ART THAT REPRESENTS ELENA
Purchase “Onward: Cultivating Emotional Resilience in Educators” by Elena Aguilar
Follow Elena on Instagram at @elena_aguilar_writer