30: How To Bear Witness
What does it mean to ‘bear witness,’ why is bearing witness important for the work of solidarity and justice, and how do you do it? Join host laura brewer for an exploration of all three questions.
In this episode, we:
- Define what we mean by “bearing witness”
- Explore the why, when, and how of bearing witness;
- Discuss how bearing witness is an essential practice for solidarity and justice;
- Name some hotspots, tensions, and opportunities for inner work to deepen our practice of bearing witness.
Welcome to a conversation about making love and solidarity through learning why, when, and how to bear witness.
Note: the “how” part of this podcast was directly informed by Soto Zen priest, Jules Shuzen Harris, and his article here.
Thank you for listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment below
- Click the SpeakPipe sidebar to ask a question or share an insight
To help our show:
ART THAT REPRESENTS LAURA
The “how” part of this podcast was directly informed by Soto Zen priest, Jules Shuzen Harris, and his article here.